Mayfield Nursery are excited to partner up with local dual athlete and entrepreneur Marnie. She makes every session Fun, Social and based around the essential Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) which research has proven excels children’s physical, social and emotional development.
How can your child benefit from practicing FMS:
- Better social and motor skill development
- Increased school readiness skills
- Increased learning capacity
- Developing healthier social, cognitive and emotional skills
- Building strength, self-confidence, concentration and coordination from an early age
- Creating healthy habits and fostering a lifelong commitment to physical activity
- Building developing muscles, bones and joints faster
Active children have fewer chronic health problems, are sick less frequently, miss less school, and have a significantly reduced risk for a number of childhood and adult diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and mental illness.
Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
Marnie works very closely with the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum by targeting the following outcomes
- playing and exploring
- active learning; and
- creating and thinking critically
Pre-school and Middle room children really look forward to their Physical activity sessions.